Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Funny Signs

Some signs set my imagination into motion. For example;



“Swim Wear For The Whole Family”:

Just picture that! Swim wear that fits everyone in the family!

“Oh, honey!” calls the loving wife from the beach. “You finished with the swimsuit?”

“Yes!” Husband answers. He strips off the suit as he wades out of the water and tosses it to his wife. “Here, dear!” he says. “But make it quick. The kids want to go for a swim, too.”

That’s one amazing suit! I gotta get me one of those!

“Bug Hats For Sale”:

Imagine trying to get a little hat on a bug. I wonder if a magnifying glass comes with each hat or perhaps it is an option at an extra cost. I hope a chin strap is on the hats for flying bugs. Otherwise the poor little bugs will loose their hats.

“Welcome Vacancy”

This sign hangs by a motel. I wonder who vacancy is: Miss Vacancy, Mr. Vacancy, Mrs. Vacancy, or Master Vacancy. Whoever vacancy is, they must be important to have their name on a sign. Or perhaps the motel is simply welcoming vacancy – emptiness – quietness – peace at last after a noisy bunch.

1 comment:

vjc said...

Oh, Shirley - how funny! I'm glad I'm not the only one to see the value of taking things literally sometimes...